[Expansion game - requires Band of Heroes and Not One Step Back to play all six of its scenarios.]
[THIS IS THE 1st EDITION OF THE GAME. IT COMES WITH MOUNTED MAPS (instead of the paper ones in the 2nd edition).]
From the publisher:
The Game Ships With:
- Two 22" x 17" mounted, historical maps. Placed together they form a 22" x 34" mega map.
- 85 nasty counters including PzIII Schurzen, Elephant, SS assault troops, and AT Mines.
- Player's Aid Card with expanded sequence of play and all terrain types found in Dark July.
- 6 Scenarios. Five on the historical map, and one further north.
Dark July depicts the battles fought west of Prochorovka between 10-12 July, 1943. The map/s covers the famed Hill 252.2, the Soviet trenchs to the east, and the Oktiabrski State Farm to the north. We won't make grandiose claims about their meter-to-meter accuracy, but believe they faithfully replicate the two kilometer by one kilometer rectangle.
The 22" x 34" mounted map is comprised of two 22" x 17" maps that are placed side by side. The maps are not geomorphic, but this configuration does allow gamers to only use the map needed when less than the entire 22" x 34" layout is required. Dark July includes new rules for anti-tank mines, low wheat, and much more.
- Assault on Hill 252.2: Elements of the Liebstandarte Adolph Hitler (LAH) attack the 2nd Battalion of the 26th Guards Airborne Regiment.
- Clear the Ditches: The SS attack the Soviet anti-tank ditches and trenches south of the State Farm.
- Counterattack: Elements of the Soviet 29th Tank Corps attack the LAH.
- Road to Prochorovka: The 26th Guards Airborne and 57th Heavy Tank Regiment interdict the LAH on the road to Prochorovka.
- Secure the State Farm: The fight for the Oktiabrski State Farm.
- An Elephant's Charge: Wild battle between elements of the 508th Grenedier Regiment, Panzer-Jager-Abteilung 656 and the Soviet 307th Division.
For tons of information, images, and much more, CLICK HERE to visit the Boardgamegeek.com page for this game.