Note: the game Lock ‘n Load: Band of Heroes is required to play. The other Band of Heroes expansion, Lock 'n Load: Swift and Bold is highly recommended (some scenarios require it).
From the publisher:
The Game Ships With:
- Three, new, lavishly detailed geomorphic maps.
- 255+ counters, representing the men and equipment that fought on the Ost Front.
- One 8.5" x 11" sheet of map overlays, including Pavlov's house, ruined apartment building, and two hills.
- 12 Scenarios.
- Player's aid chart.
June 29, 2007: With counters sexier than Eva Longoria, maps crisper than an Audi R10’s up shift, and scenarios boasting more vibrato than Hayley Williams, Lock ‘n Load: Not One Step Back has landed in the Lock ‘n Load Publishing World Corporate Skyscraper Complex. Not One Step Back is in stock and shipping. Order now, or maybe tomorrow.
Our biggest expansion ever, Lock ‘n Load: Not One Step Back is Lock ‘n Load’s first foray into the Eastern Front of World War II. This expansion includes the units, rules, and scenarios that gamers need to recreate the desperate struggles on the Russian steppe, ruins of Stalingrad, and partisan-infested woodlands.
Command awesome Soviet heavy tanks, such as the KV-1, SU-152, and JS-2. Brew up hapless T34 tanks with your incredible King Tiger. Use the Soviet Guards to lead counterattacks in the city, and the new German Pioneers to retake lost ground. Ambush German convoys with Partisans and whip cowards back into line with Commissars.
The game’s armor includes T-34/76, T-70 T-34/85, JS-2, KV-1, SU-76, SU-85, SU-152, King Tigers, German Halftracks, and Sd 222 armored cars. Infantry additions consist of Guards (two flavors), Line Soviets (again, two types), Partisans, Commissars, Nurses, veteran German infantry, German Pioneers, Molotov Cocktails, DP-28, 45mm and 76mm Anti-tank guns, 82mm mortars, and 12.7mm machine guns.
As you have come to expect from Lock ‘n Load Publishing, the art is superb. David Julien, Marc Schwanebeck, and Nicolas Eskubi have combined to make soldiers, tanks, and maps that pull you into the conflict and won’t let go. Better still, by popular demand, the hex halos have been seriously tuned down. 255 die cut counters and three, mounted geomorphic mapboards. Take a look; we think you’ll like it.
Not One Step Back is not a complete game. This is an expansion and requires both Band of Heroes and Swift & Bold to play all twelve of its scenarios. Most, however, of the missions can be played with just Not One Step Back and Band of Heroes.
- Big Cats at Twilight: A King Tiger and some Panthers take on Soviet heavies, such as the JS-2, as the fight to relieve Budapest.
- A Bitter Holiday: It’s late December 1942. The Soviets close the ring on the German defenders of Stalingrad.
- Bridge Over the River Dnepr: Soviet partisans and paratroops ambush a German convoy.
- Pavlov’s House: Pavlov’s Guards defend the apartment building again an onslaught of German pioneers, armor, and veteran troops.
- A Room at the Inn: Soviets and Germans, searching for shelter from the cruel Russian winter meet in a small town. He who controls the huge, Orthodox church survives the night.
And 7 More, Including Prochorovka, Kalach Bridge, Keeping the Door Open, Rattenkreig, Stae Farm is There, and Tough as Nails.
For tons of information, images, and much more, CLICK HERE to visit the Boardgamegeek.com page for this game.