[This is not a complete game. You must have World at War: The Untold Stories to play.]
From the publisher:
World at War seems to have everything. There are Cubans with SU-100s, South Africans with Oliphants, French AMX B-2s, T-80s with different armor factors, and a designer who seemingly ignores logic, but there is one thing that World at War is missing. That one thing is LOTS of American tanks. Into the Breach cures that. This expansion to The Untold Stories explores the Yanks battle on the front line in the first days of the war. Now you get to fight with lots of Abrams, Bradleys, infantry, and even Sheridans. On the flip side of the tank, youll fight a mass of Soviets and Polish armor.
Its great big fun, with some great big scenarios. There are 12 of them to be exact (unless you order the upgraded version with an additional eight scenario campaign), including an East German counterattack, West Germans on defense, and Amercans defending in depth, screening main forces, attacking, and counterattacking.
Into the Breach includes:
Two 11 x 17 geomorphic mounted maps.
176 counters depicting Americans and the hell-raising Soviets.
Twelve scenarios, designed by WaW pros Jeff Schulte, Ralph Ferrari, and Matt Lohse. The campaign is designed by Mark H. Walker.
Player aid card. Module rules.
Into the Breach Scenarios:
- Out of the Static An American cavalry screen attempts to delay the first probes of Soviet recon forces as they cross the intra-German border.
- The Flood Soviet reconnaissance forces push aside the American Cavalry screen and have pinpointed the first line of Western defenses. A regimental attack follows close on the heals of the withdrawing cav screen before the Americans are set in their defense positions.
- A Simple Task As the main Soviet effort is identified, the Americans quickly launch counter attacks to throw the invaders off balance.
- From Both Ends of the Candle The Pact allies lend their support to Soviet efforts with airborne assaults against local West German defenses.
- With Our Backs Against the Wall The Soviets continue the offensive with an early morning river crossing against weakening American defenders. Can they maintain the momentum of their early assaults?
- Pushing Off Balance The Soviet throw their East German allies against American defense in hopes of forcing a final collapse in the NATO front.
- Vampires in the Night Even in retreat the Americans prove deadly as ambushes are set up against the advancing Soviets.
- Into the Breach The Americans release reserves to launch a concentrated strike against the Pact flank held by Polish troops. Will the Poles be able to turn back the attack or have to call in their Soviet brothers to stymie the Americans?
- US Steel When the Americans were given time to prepare, the Soviets faced strong defenses and and got a taste of what American firepower could deal out.
- Against a Steamroller An American task force is sent to intercept Soviet tank and motor rifle troops that are moving to exploit a breach in the American lines.
- To Fight Another Day depleted American armor units fight a delaying action against East German panzers.
- Momentum The Soviets pass through their second echelon to make their final breakthrough against scattered NATO opposition.
For tons of information, images, and much more, CLICK HERE to visit the Boardgamegeek.com page for this game.